For my Geography project, the city I chose to do it on is Santa Clarita, California. The reason I chose this city is because it is the city where I am currently living in. So thanks for visiting my web page and enjoy!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chapter 14: The Southwest Border Area: Tricultural Development

Most Americans take pride in the concept of an "American melting pot." American melting pot can be considered to be a fusion of different ethnicity, culture, and nationalities. Everybody brings in their own culture into the mix and they turn it into something a bit different. I guess you can say that they are very diverse. In Santa Clarita, when I first moved out here back in 1996, I used to hear all the time that this a place that contains a lot of rich white old people. I did not understand that at first because as a kid I did not really pay attention to any of that except my school work. As time progresses, I did see that taking place, but at the same time, Santa Clarita Valley became bigger when it comes to population wise. As time kept going, I realized how diverse Santa Clarita is. Their ethnic diversity has become even bigger than it used to be. You have all kinds of people working and living in Santa Clarita. It has everything you can ask for when it comes to diversity. The cool part about this is that people here are willing to share and teach other people about their own culture. Everybody can view how other culture lives.













(Information came from:)
(Regional Landscapes of the United States and Canada Text Book Pages: 276-278)
(Picture came from:)
(http://www.santa-clarita.com/index.aspx?page=448)

No comments:

Post a Comment