For my Geography project, the city I chose to do it on is Santa Clarita, California. The reason I chose this city is because it is the city where I am currently living in. So thanks for visiting my web page and enjoy!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chapter 9: The Changing South


In the south back in the days, the south was impacted by slavery. Nowadays, the south can be seen as being changed and that many African Americans reside in the south. Just like the south changing, Santa Clarita has experience a great of change. As I talk to many of my customers at work, they tell me that a lot of the Valencia and Saugus area used to be plantations and agricultures. As the years progress, many of the plantation has been taken down and built road and many buildings to modernize the area. In today's society, the city of Santa Clarita is preparing for the future and is modernizing by making more houses for people to move to. A lot of people who lives up north or south but commutes to work can easy live in the new houses being built. The plus side about Santa Clarita is that everybody has their or sets of beliefs. This area is very diverse compared to how it was earlier.

(The picture was taken from:)
(http://aquafornia.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/santa-clarita-from-the-end-of-ermine-2-22009.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment